- Cyber Security
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Phone-Hacking Claims
- Reputation Management & Defamation
- Intellectual Property
- Lender Services
- Real Estate
Our Real Estate Team has the experience to help you complete your property deals efficiently and cost effectively. Whether you’re purchasing, selling or leasing commercial property, as an owner, occupier, investor or developer, our well-established real estate team can provide expert advice and help.
We work closely with our clients to develop relationships based on trust so that we can fully understand their requirements. This pragmatic approach allows us to provide balanced, clear commercial advice in a tailored and personal way.
Working with other property professionals, our large and well-resourced team of solicitors can manage projects of any size. A key contact will be on hand throughout the transaction to keep you updated with the advice and information you need.
The Hamlins Property Network (HPN) is a well-respected industry networking body. It meets regularly for networking events, seminars and to hear guest speakers.
Our real estate team regularly send updates and newsletters. If you would like to subscribe please contact us at email@example.com
Please browse through our real estate pages, or why not contact Mark Hurst direct on 0207 355 6024
- Criterion Capital on its sale of the East India Dock Estate in London’s Docklands for £170m.
- Management and onward sale of 65 multi-let properties valued at £175m, six of which are multi-let shopping centres and many are properties with complex titles.
- £55m acquisition of 29 bingo halls for a property company
- £210m refinancing of 170 properties for a private property business
- Leon restaurants on the property aspects of their rapid roll out of new restaurants in central London.
- Park Plaza Hotels on the acquisition, construction and refinance of a new hotel development in London.
- Hotel chain citizenM on the development and construction of a new 200 bedroom London hotel with ground floor retail units.
- NCP, a long standing client, on various matters relating to their significant property portfolio.
- Structadene Group on a portfolio acquisition of 25 former bank sites.
- Premiere construction company, Volker Fitzpatrick Limited, dealing with complex coverage issues in respect of a £170 million construction dispute with tenant Accolade Wines and successfully obtaining a substantial contribution from insurers to facilitate settlement of the claim.
- A group of property investment companies on the refinancing of its banking arrangements with Lloyds Bank Plc in the amount of £210 million, providing associated security over almost 200 property assets.
- An overseas real estate investor on procuring loan finance from an overseas bank in the amount of £90 million over four separate transactions secured on high-value London office and retail properties.
- The London branch of an overseas bank in providing debt finance in the amount of £7.7 million and taking associated security from a property developer in relation to an industrial business centre for the development of a retail outlet in Milton Keynes.
What our clients say
“This team impresses sources with its ‘level of partner-led service, the personal nature of that service, and the quality of that service”
Client Comment, Chambers and Partners
“I would like to thank the Hamlins team for guiding us through a complex process and most importantly, helping us achieve an outstanding result. There was a particular moment where the going got very tough and your advice and encouragement meant we persevered and so we can look back without any regrets. The advice was always put in very clear terms……you had my complete trust and I very much enjoyed working with you. Fees were agreed upfront and there were no surprises. When out of scope issues arose, these were dealt with very fairly. This is more than can be said for some of our other providers.”
Stephen Davies, Managing Director, Lane Clark & Peacock LLP
“I was the Director of Real Estate and Facilities UK at Fortis Bank SA at the time of the Bank sold its headquarters building at Camomile Court and relocated in to 180,000 sq ft of the Scottish Widows development at 5 Aldermanbury Square London EC2 and was responsible for co-ordinating the relocation project. Hamlins were recommended to me to conduct the conveyancing of both the sale of Camomile Court and the leasehold acquisition of part of 5 Aldermanbury Square. In accordance with best procurement practice I conducted a tender process from which they came through favourably on the usual criteria: professionalism, experience, value for money, sufficient team support and the assurance that most work would be conducted at partner level . I’m pleased to say they fulfilled their promises and were a great help to me in all aspects making my job easier. They took the time to understand the client requirements and were pro-active in all matters and very much able to successfully negotiate key lease clauses against the Landlords ‘Magic Circle’ lawyers.”
Jerry Williams, Director
“After being impressed with the pragmatism and commercial sense shown by Hamlins during our acquisition of our Tower Hill site, I decided to employ Hamlins during the development phase of the project. I have continued to be very pleased with the way Hamlins work and the advice they give – there is a degree of realism that is often absent from commercial law firms these days. As we near the end of a very challenging period of legal activity on our Tower Hill project, I am looking forward to working with Hamlins again on our Shoreditch hotel project.”
Rory Harte, Development Director, CitizenM Hotels
- Kate Andrews
- Charles Bezzant
- Amanda Burge
- Stephanie Brown
- Jonathan Cowley
- Aselle Djumabaeva-Wood
- Diana Featherstonhaugh
- Sarah Finch
- Alban Gordon
- Joseph Holder
- Mark Hurst
- Alison Jones
- Ben Kilshaw
- John Leasure
- Nigel Mason
- Alexy Pemberton
- Yvonne Raymond
- Vicky Stanborough
- Simon Taylor
- Jaz Tott
- Angelique Umugwaneza
- Lindsey Whittle
- Eleanor Willatts