These days, digital media seems to touch on every aspect of our lives. There can be few more creative and exciting environments in which to work.
At the same time, it is hedged around by the daunting and sometimes obscure world of digital media rights and the legal frameworks which govern them. Make a mistake with these early in a project, and the consequences down the line can be serious.
Our lawyers advise on the full range of digital media, combining expertise in all the key fields from broadcast through to music. Our extensive experience across digital platforms means that we are able to advise on the most challenging issues confronting all the digital media industries.
We act for a wide range of clients in the digital space, from some of the biggest names in the digital, entertainment and media industry to tech start-ups and innovators. We cover the full spectrum of digital and entertainment law, including all areas of:
- App and videogame development, publishing, licensing and multi-jurisdictional compliance, across genres/platforms/territories and the underlying rights issues flowing from these.
- Online retail, e-commerce and consumer facing regulation across platforms, from helping companies to ensure they are compliant with the latest consumer regulations to advising upon all aspects of the purchase journey.
- Technology Infrastructure, including software licensing, hardware maintenance, support and hosting.
- Broadcasting and Audio Visual Digital exploitation – the acquisition, production, commissioning, aggregation, licensing and distribution of Programmes and Video content (including clips) across digital media networks and platforms (including VOD, DTO, EST, TV Everywhere and OTT) and management of Programme and Underlying rights.
- Brands and IP management – how to maximise the protection, exploitation and licensing of intellectual property rights; formulating IP strategies; compliance and infringement of IP rights.
- Sponsorship and Endorsement – securing and negotiating numerous headline and key sponsorship and merchandising licenses (for both licensors and licensees) within the Sports and Entertainment field.
- Music Commissioning, Synchronisation and Licensing.
- Talent commissioning, sponsorship, endorsement, promotions.
- Merchandising and Co-Branding Partnerships.
- Corporate Acquisitions and Financing – securing finance for specific development projects and funding rounds, corporate re-structuring, asset and sale purchases and establishment of Joint Ventures.
- Social Media, UGC, Digital Advertising and Marketing (including behavioural, F2P models, non-static, native etc), online marketing strategies, co-branding, agency transactions, online promotions and competitions compliance, moderation and user generated content.
- Data protection and privacy compliance across territories.