- Changing Terms & Conditions of Employment
- Construction Industry
- Contracts of Employment
- Director Service Agreements
- Employee Handbooks & Policies
- Flexible Working Requests
- HR Helpline
- HR Legal Advice & Training
- Industrial Relations
- Redundancy & Restructures
- Restrictive Covenants
- Transactional Support
- Workplace Investigations
Shivali is an expert in employment law.
She has been praised by clients for her “sound, pragmatic advice and exceptional patience” and her “valuable presence in complex negotiations”.
Shivali regularly advises clients involved in tribunal claims for unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing, as well providing day to day advice on all employment matters, restructuring, drafting contracts and policies and TUPE transfers. Her genuine passion for people, sharp commercial acumen and varied experience in all aspects of employment law enable her to [design] legally sound solutions while always promoting the business needs of her clients.
Acting primarily for employers, Shivali also has considerable experience advising executive employees in negotiating sensitive exits. As a result she understands issues and tactics arising from both sides of the employment relationship and can often anticipate problems before they arise.
Shivali regularly writes on topical employment matters for a range of legal and industry publications. She also speaks at seminars and delivers training workshops to HR advisors and managers.
Cases of interest
- Successfully defending an employer in a 5 day whistleblowing tribunal claim including managing media interest in the case
- Enforcing restrictive covenants on behalf of a business following a large team move to a competitor
- Representing a local authority client on the large scale outsourcing of its services, involving complex TUPE and pension issues
- Hamlins’ employment solicitor comments in The Grocer on the gig economy
Hamlins’ employment solicitor, Shivali Chaudhry comments in The Grocer on how... Read more
- Employers can read employee’s private emails says European Court
The European Court of Human Rights has recently ruled that... Read more
- Employment Law Update December 2015
Hamlins’ Employment Law Update, December 2015 is out! This edition includes articles... Read more
- Employment Factsheet – November 2015
Hamlin’s latest Employment Factsheet provides an essential update to the... Read more
- Can you stamp out unconscious bias in the recruitment process?
Our employment expert Shivali Chaudhry investigates measures such as name-blind... Read more