Paul is a Partner in the Real Estate Team.
Paul has over 30 years’ experience in commercial real estate transactions acting for a wide range of investors, developers and occupiers across a broad range of industry sectors including hotel and leisure, offices, retail, manufacturing and distribution.
Paul has a vast experience of landlord and tenant issues, investment acquisitions and disposals, portfolio management, property development and finance from both sides of the transaction bringing a commercial and practical approach to each transaction.
Specialist Practice Areas:
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Landlord and Tenant
Clients praise Paul’s communication skills and proactivity in dealing with complex matters.
- Acting for an international hotel operator on a wide variety of operational issues in their UK portfolio.
- Acting on the acquisition of the landmark India Buildings, Water Street Liverpool for the price of £17m which is the latest in a string of acquisitions for a single wealthy offshore trust.
- Acting on the refinancing and restructuring of a portfolio of commercial properties with HSBC Bank plc.
- Acting for an overseas hotel investor in connection with redevelopment proposals for a high profile hotel.
Trained Jacobson Ridley; qualified 1986; partner Jacobson Ridley 1986-90; partner Hamlins LLP 1990 to date.
Liverpool University (1983 LLB Hons); Chester College of Law (1984 LSF)
Some Japanese, German and French
Paul is ranked in Chambers and the Legal 500 where he has been noted as follows;
Paul is recommended in Chambers 2018 in which sources say he “has great commercial nous and is an able negotiator”.
Legal 500 2017
Paul is recognised in the Legal 500 2017 as part of a ‘focused, efficient and professional’ commercial property team.
In the Legal 500 2016 Paul is recommended for his commercial property expertise particularly in the hotels and leisure sector. The commercial property department is lauded by clients for its ‘proactive advice’.
Paul is recommended in the Legal 500 for commercial property with a particular focus on retail, hotels and leisure.
“It’s not often that I write emails of this nature (and we) deal with law firms on a daily basis. The levels of service that we receive from Aselle and you (Paul Spacey) are truly unparalleled in terms of your professionalism, response time and “friendly” disposition.” Director, Earl Fiduciary AG