Nigel is the Managing Partner and specialises in Real Estate with a particular expertise in Central London development and the Hotel and Leisure Sector.
Nigel acts for some of the country’s leading developers and represents the investment agencies of two governments. He has advised on a number of significant trophy development projects in Central London.
He also heads our hospitality and leisure team, acting for well-known restaurant chains, hotels, bars, golf complexes and football clubs. As well as being highly regarded for his experience and skills in working on large and complex development projects, he has particular expertise managing the hospitality team on the roll-out of restaurant and bar chains.
For many years, Nigel has been listed in the Legal 500 directory of leading lawyers for his commercial property experience. His clients appreciate his vast experience which ‘comes through when matters are needed to be concluded’, and consider him to be ‘an intelligent lawyer with thoroughly high integrity.’
Specialist Practice Areas:
- Business Leases
- Real Estate Transactions
- Landlord and Tenant
- The redevelopment of Embankment Place, Chesham House, Regent Arcade House and 264-267 Tottenham Court Road
- The development of hotels at Tower Hill and the Iron Mountain Repository
- Development management agreements for Paternoster Square London EC4, Bevis Marks London EC3, The Strand London WC2, Riverbank House London EC4, and King William Street London EC4.
Hotels and Leisure
- Acting for Park Plaza Hotels and citizenM Hotels in connection with the acquisition and construction of new hotels in London
- Act for Draft House, a group of modern London public houses in connection with their expansion in central London
- Advising well known restaurant chains Leon, Ping Pong, Rocket and Ego on their ongoing expansion and roll-out of new venues
- Advising Playfootball a leading provider of football venues for competitive leagues on the roll-out of sports centres and 5-a-side football centres across England
- Advising Burhill Golf Course including the rollout of their Adventure Golf brand
Trained AE Hamlin & Co/Hamlin Slowe; qualified 1985; assistant solicitor Taylor Garrett 1985-86; assistant solicitor and partner Hamlin Slowe/Hamlins LLP 1986 to date (partner 1987), managing partner 2004 to date.
Kingston University (1982 BA Law 2 (1))
Nigel and the Hamlins Real Estate practice are ranked in the Legal 500.
Legal 500 2017
‘Commercially aware’ Nigel Mason is recognised by Legal 500 as part of a ‘focused, efficient and professional’ real estate team.
Nigel is recommended for his commercial property expertise particularly in the hotels and leisure sector. He is described by his clients as ‘vastly experienced’. The commercial property department is lauded by clients for its ‘proactive advice’. (Real Estate, Legal 500 2016)
Hamlins LLP “provides a very good service”. Joseph Holder, Nigel Mason and Mark Hurst “compare highly with their competitors”. (Real Estate, Legal 500 2014)
Mark Hurst and Nigel Mason show ‘”excellent attention to detail, and are forceful when necessary”. (Real Estate, Legal 500 2012)
“Nigel is so very thorough yet pragmatic, diligent yet commercial. He has vast experience and this comes through when matters are needed to be concluded. He has high integrity and is an intelligent lawyer.” CEO, restaurant chain
- HPN property breakfast with Matthew Parris, 29th June 2017
(This event is now over.) Hamlins Property Network (HPN) will... Read more
- What to consider when making your pop-up restaurant permanent
In his article in Big Hospitality, Hamlins’ partner Nigel Mason... Read more
- Hamlins has advised Ted Baker PLC on £55m head office purchase
Hamlins has advised Ted Baker PLC on the £55.250m purchase... Read more
- Hamlins achieves success in The Legal 500 2015
Hamlins has once again been recognised for the quality of... Read more