Mark is a Partner and the Head of the Real Estate Team.
Mark acts for a number of property companies, off-shore funds and high net worth individuals dealing with all aspects of non-contentious commercial property. Mark’s specialist experience includes large portfolio sales and acquisitions and dealing with complex portfolio re-financing and re-structuring as well as the more standard sales, acquisitions and lease/management work.
Mark joined Hamlins as a partner in 2004 having trained and worked in a top tier City firm.
- Advising a privately owned property company on the corporate restructuring and refinancing of over 100 properties, value in excess of £270m.
- Advising US education services provider on UK real estate aspects of a $2bn corporate acquisition in respect of 40 properties.
- Advising on a £55m acquisition of 29 bingo halls for a well-known property company.
- Advising the Structadene Group on the £210m refinancing of 170 properties.
- Advising the Structadene Group on a portfolio acquisition of 25 former bank sites.
Trained Berwin Leighton Paisner; qualified 1997; partner Hamlins LLP 2004 to date.
University College School; University of Leeds (1993 BSc Hons Psychology 2(1)); The College of Law (1994 CPE; 1995 LPC).
Mark and the Real Estate practice are ranked in Chambers and the Legal 500:
In Chambers 2018 Mark is reported by clients to be a “very experienced, commercial and pragmatic” lawyer who supplies “excellent specialist advice” on a range of property concerns.
Legal 500 2017
Mark heads up the “focused, efficient and professional” commercial property team at Hamlins.
Mark is recommended for his expertise in commercial property and noted as an ‘investment specialist’. The commercial property department, headed up by Mark, is lauded by clients for its ‘proactive advice’. (Real Estate, Legal 500 2016)
Hamlins LLP ‘provides a very good service’. Joseph Holder, Nigel Mason and Mark Hurst ‘compare highly with their competitors’. (Real Estate, Legal 500 2014)
The ‘excellent’ Hamlins LLP advises various major UK and international real estate developers, owners and investors…Mark Hurst and Nigel Mason show ‘excellent attention to detail, and are forceful when necessary’. (Real Estate, Legal 500 2012)
- HPN breakfast with guest speaker Kate Adie, 6th June 2018
Hamlins Property Network (HPN) will be hosting our next property... Read more
- Hamlins Real Estate team makes its mark in UK’s two leading legal directories
Gaining notable recommendations and rising up the ranks in the... Read more
- HPN Breakfast with Gerald Ratner, 13th December 2017
THIS EVENT IS NOW OVER Hamlins Property Network (HPN) will... Read more
- HPN property breakfast with Matthew Parris, 29th June 2017
(This event is now over.) Hamlins Property Network (HPN) will... Read more
- Hamlins Property Network with Dame Stella Rimington DCB MA, 15th November 2016
Hamlins’ Property Network event on 15 November 2016 with guest speaker Dame Stella Rimington... Read more