Joseph Holder is the Senior Partner and a Partner in the Real Estate Team.
Joseph has expertise acting in the whole range of commercial real estate transactions, from the sale and purchase of nationally-known shopping centres to high street shops, from trophy office blocks to simple office suites, from industrial estates to owner occupied industrial warehouses and from multi million pound portfolios to individual tertiary properties. He has also developed a strong residential investment practice dealing with sales and acquisitions of blocks of flats and individual flats and houses.
He deals with general landlord and tenant transactions and management as well as matters under the 1967 Leasehold Reform act and the Leasehold Reform Act 1993.
Specialist Practice Areas:
- Business Leases
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Landlord and Tenant
- Leasehold Enfranchisement
Joseph was for 12 years an equity partner at West End commercial Real Estate specialists Kanter Jules. He joined Hamlins in June 2010.
- Advising Criterion Capital on the sale of East India Dock Estate for £170m.
- Advising on management and onward sale of 65 multi-let properties (comprising 700 units) valued in excess 0f £200m.
- Advising on sale of Office Buildings in north of England with price in excess of £25m.
- Advising a privately owned group of property companies worth over £500m on sales / acquisitions and lettings.
- Advising a developer on the site assembly, construction, pre-let and forward sale of a 46,000ft M&S development including 17 prestigious flats.
- Advising on the sale of a prominent site in London to a national house builder, the price is in the region of £50m subject to planning.
- Advising on the sale of prominent site on South Coast (in excess of £10m) to well-known freehold developer subject to planning and overage.
Trained Farmar Miller; qualified 1988; assistant solicitor Grangewoods 1988-90; assistant solicitor Kanter Jules Grangewoods 1990-94; equity partner Kanter Jules 1994-2006; head of commercial real estate Ellistons LLP 2006-10; partner Hamlins LLP 2010 to date.
University of Manchester (1985 LLB Hons)
Joseph and the Hamlins’ Real Estate practice are ranked in the Legal 500.
Legal 500 2017
Joseph is part of a ‘focused, efficient and professional’ team and is recognised as a ‘transaction facilitator’ and for his work with Criterion Capital on the £170m sale of East India Dock.
Hamlins LLP ‘provides a very good service’. Joseph Holder, Nigel Mason and Mark Hurst ‘compare highly with their competitors’. (Real Estate, Legal 500 2016)
“We are delighted to have instructed Joe and the team at Hamlins on this trophy site sale. As we anticipated their legal and commercial skills were key to both the bidding process and the smooth exchange and completion of the sale.” Karl Elliott, Head of Portfolio, Criterion Capital
- Hamlins receives high praise from clients in The Legal 500 2017
Hamlins are delighted to have received high praise from our... Read more
- Joseph Holder’s article in Estates Gazette considers how data sites can speed up real estate transactions
In his article in the Estates Gazette, Senior Partner Joseph... Read more
- HPN property breakfast with Matthew Parris, 29th June 2017
(This event is now over.) Hamlins Property Network (HPN) will... Read more
- Hamlins moves up rankings in The Legal 500 2016
Hamlins has moved up the rankings in the latest edition... Read more
- Hamlins Property Network with Dame Stella Rimington DCB MA, 15th November 2016
This event is now over. You are invited to the Hamlins... Read more