Jonathan Cowley is a Paralegal in the Real Estate Litigation Team.
Jonathan joined Hamlins in July 2016 and works on a variety of commercial and residential matters, with a focus on acting for both landlord and tenant in leasehold enfranchisement matters. Jonathan drafts counter-notices, as well as checking the validity of any notices received or served and assists with the drafting and negotiation of leases. He also completes documents and assists with the post-completion steps for these files.
Jonathan assists with lease renewals, issuing bankruptcy proceedings and other complex, high-value litigation in the courts. Prior to joining Hamlins he provided advice to clients who qualified for legal aid on issues ranging from defending possession proceedings, suspending warrants for eviction and homelessness.
- Recently completed a number of high-value lease extensions and deals with regular new instructions on these matters;
- Drafting notices to renew business tenancies in accordance with the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954;
- Preparing and serving statutory demands on debtors;
- Drafting and serving notices bringing residential tenancies to an end and issuing court proceedings to recover possession;
- Working on various disclosure exercises including an extensive disclosure on a complex dilapidations claim; and
- Assisting with the preparation of trial bundles.
Citizens Advice 2014-2016
Northumbria University 2010-2014 (LLB, LLM, LPC)