Elizabeth is an Associate in the EMIP department.
Elizabeth joined Hamlins in 2016 and specialises in privacy and defamation acting for both corporate and individual clients in matters relating to the protection of their reputation and private information.
Elizabeth has experience in advising publishers, reviewing content before it is published to minimise the risk of a potential defamation complaint. Elizabeth has also acted for individuals in relation to defamatory content published about them online in blog posts and on websites.
Elizabeth has a specialism in phone-hacking claims and has extensive experience bringing claims on behalf of individuals against both News Group and Mirror Group Newspapers.
- Acting as lead solicitor for numerous Claimants in the phone-hacking litigation against The Sun and News of the World, bringing claims for unlawful information gathering and voicemail interception;
- Assisting Simon Gallant acting for Hope Not Hate in a successful libel action against Nigel Farage;
- Assisting Chris Hutchings in representing Ziauddin Yousafzai, father of Nobel Peace Prize Winner Malala Yousafzai, who was seriously defamed by an Asian network broadcaster;
- Acting for Penguin Random House, major UK and international book publisher, advising on libel and other legal issues for their non-fiction publications and biographies; and
- Acting for private individuals, including General Counsel for an international corporation, seeking to deter defamatory and private information from being published on a website.
Elizabeth graduated from the University of Sheffield with a degree in English Literature before completing the GDL and LPC at The College of Law in Chester, attaining a Distinction in the LPC.