Aselle is a Partner in the Real Estate Finance Team.
Aselle, who has a corporate law background, specialises in corporate acquisition and real estate finance. She acts for banks and property investors in corporate transactions and secured lending transactions, drafts and negotiates corporate documents, facility agreements and security packages to facilitate a range of high value investment and development transactions.
Clients like Aselle’s ability of managing complicated transactions effectively and achieving results in timely manner and to the clients’ satisfaction.
Aselle is a Russian speaking solicitor qualified in both England & Wales and the CIS.
- Advising an overseas real estate investor on procuring loan finance from an overseas bank in the aggregate amount of £110 million secured on high-value London office and retail properties.
- Acting for a London based group of property investment companies on borrowing acquisition finance and refinancing residential investment portfolio in London and in the North of England with various lenders in the aggregate amount of £60.9 million.
- Acting for a group of property investment companies on borrowing property acquisition finance in the aggregate amount of £49 million from various lenders in relation to acquisition of office and retail properties in Swindon, Milton Keynes, Bristol, Liverpool and Sheffield.
- Acting on the £26 million refinancing of the client’s commercial (retail and office) property portfolio in Manchester with a high-street lender.
- Acting for a London based property investment company on the £14.7 million refinance of its property investment in Clerkenwell with Lloyds Bank Plc.
- Acting for the London branch of an overseas bank in providing secured debt finance:
- in the amount of £13 million to a group of companies in furniture manufacturing industry based in Essex;
- in the amount of £3 million to a fast food restaurant chain head-quartered in Worcestershire;
- in the amount of £16.5 million to a US company with investments in the UK sport industry;
- in the amount of £20 million to a group of companies in luxury furniture manufacturing industry based in West Midlands.
Between 1994 and 2002, she practised law in the Kyrgyz Republic working as a lawyer in private practice, she was a legal advisor to the Mayor of Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan’s capital) and visiting lecturer at Bishkek University. In 1999, she established her own law firm in Bishkek. Her firm was retained by a number of multinational companies, charities and a major European government to advise on their operations in Kyrgyzstan. She was one of the authors of the Commentaries to the Civil Code of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Aselle trained with a London firm of solicitors, was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales in 2007. Aselle joined Hamlins in 2009 and became a Partner in 2017.
Aselle studied law at Moscow’s Lomonosov University and the Kyrgyz State University before graduating in 1994. The first Kyrgyz lawyer to qualify as an English solicitor, Aselle obtained a Diploma in English Law from BPP Law School in London in 2004, an LPC Diploma from the same school in 2005 and an LLM in Tax Law from Queen Mary and Westfield College (University of London) in 2008.
Legal 500 2017
The ‘pragmatic, technically knowledgeable’ Aselle is described in Legal 500 2017 as a ‘tenacious, brilliant negotiator’ who is ‘thorough, diligent, forward-thinking’ and ‘very assured even under extreme time pressure’.
In the Legal 500 2016 Aselle was recommended for her expertise in property finance. She was described by her clients as ‘very sensible’ and ‘commercial’ with ‘an impressive grasp of legal detail’.
“Aselle is hard-working, attentive to detail, and a very capable lawyer. A great asset to any team. I am pleased and proud to have her on our side of the transaction.” Sam Orenstein, Carlton Estate Management Ltd
“We deal with law firms on a daily basis. The levels of service that we receive from Aselle and Paul Spacey are truly unparalleled in terms of professionalism, response time and “friendly” disposition.” Chris Spencer, Director, Earl Fiduciary AG
“Aselle is like Jessica Ennis of lawyers”. Corporate Relationships Manager, Bank Hapoalim B.M.
“I have always found Aselle thorough, quick to respond and always available. I couldn’t speak highly enough about her.” Private property investor
- Hamlins advise Shawbrook Bank on £22.4m loan to private landlord Desiman Ltd
Hamlins acted as finance counsel to Shawbrook Bank on a... Read more
- Hamlins receives high praise from clients in The Legal 500 2017
Hamlins are delighted to have received high praise from our... Read more
- Hamlins promotes Aselle Djumabaeva-Wood to partner in the real estate finance team
Hamlins are delighted to announce that Aselle Djumabaeva-Wood has been... Read more
- Hamlins advises on US$400m Mining Deal
Hamlins Corporate Team is delighted to announce that it has... Read more
- Are you ready for the Mortgage Credit Directive implementation in March 2016?
The Mortgage Credit Directive (MCD) which introduces an EU-wide framework... Read more