Hamlins Real Estate team makes its mark in UK’s two leading legal directories9th November 2017
Gaining notable recommendations and rising up the ranks in the UK’s two leading legal directories – Chambers and Legal 500 – is no easy feat.
However, Hamlins is proud to announce that the Real Estate practice has been recognised for its diverse range of real estate services to clients including CEOs, business owners, institutional investors, property companies, high net worth individuals and asset managers. The depth of services provided by the 19 strong Hamlins team (including 10 Partners) includes commercial real estate, property finance and property litigation.
Mark Hurst – Head of Hamlins’ Real Estate practice – was recognised by Chambers Directory as a notable practitioner, stating he is a “very experienced, commercial and pragmatic” lawyer who supplies “excellent specialist advice” on a range of property concerns, clients report. He represents private companies, offshore funds and individual investors on large portfolio transactions.”
In addition, Hamlin’s Commercial Property Team moved up the rankings of the Legal 500 and was praised for being ‘focused, efficient and professional’. Particular recognition was given to the firm’s investment work, hotel and leisure and retail sector expertise. Several of the Commercial Property Team were recommended including Joseph Holder, who was noted as a ‘transaction facilitator’, Mark Hurst, Paul Spacey, Ben Kilshaw and ‘commercially aware’ Nigel Mason.
To secure strong recommendations and listings in the directories, Hamlins’ clients had to provide independent testimonials about the quality and type of advice given by the firm.
Other highlights in the Chambers Directory include:
- “[Hamlins] are our preferred law firm because they are always available and happy to assist with any type of query. They will go above and beyond for us,”
- “The team is very helpful and well informed, with their diligence and commercial advice being particular strengths,” clients note.
- Paul Spacey was also recognised as a notable practitioner noted for having “ great commercial nous and being an able negotiator,” sources say. His broad practice encompasses handling landlord and tenant issues, investment transactions and asset management. He is regularly called upon to act for clients in the hotel and leisure, retail and manufacturing industries.
Other highlights in the Legal 500 include:
- Hamlins Property Litigation team were commended; the ‘always responsive, commercial and knowledgeable’ team is recognised for its notable experience acting for clients in proceedings before the High Court, Court of Appeal and Upper Tribunal
- Highly regarded for its expertise in alternative dispute resolution. Clients noted that Property Litigation department head Kate Andrews ‘works her socks off for clients and has strong commercial instincts’. Senior Associate Sarah Finch is considered ‘a formidable opponent and a force to be reckoned with’.
- The ‘responsive, commercial and very proactive’ Property Finance Team was ranked with recommendations for department head Charles Bezzant, and partner Aselle Djumabaeva-Wood. It was recognised in particular for its development and investment financings which is what ‘it does best’. The ‘outstanding’ team is noted for its ‘strength in depth and lightning-fast deal-making’.
- The ‘pragmatic, technically knowledgeable’ Aselle Djumabaeva-Wood is a ‘tenacious, brilliant negotiator’ who is ‘thorough, diligent, forward-thinking’ and ‘very assured even under extreme time pressure’.