Hamlins continues to excel in the Legal 500 UK 2012 rankings24th September 2012
Hamlins LLP is delighted to announce its success in the recently published Legal 500 UK 2012 rankings. The firm has gained a new ranking for Corporate M&A, smaller deals up to £50 million, where practice head Daniel Bellau has been recommended, and in Dispute Resolution, Commercial Litigation.
Laurence Gilmore, who heads the firm’s media and entertainment practice has been listed in the elite “Leading lawyers” list in the London TMT (technology, media and telecoms) practice area.
In addition, the firm has maintained its position in 7other practice areas and now has Legal 500 recommendations across all of its core areas of expertise with recommendations of 7 partners in 9 practice areas as follows:
- Corporate and commercial (Band 3) – M&A: smaller deals, up to £50 million where Daniel Bellau is recommended
- Dispute resolution (Band 8) – Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution (Band 4) – Defamation and privacy where Chris Hutchings is recommended
- Real estate (Band 6) – Commercial property where both Mark Hurst and Nigel Mason are recommended
- Real estate (Band 4) – Commercial property: hotels and leisure
- Real estate (Band 4) – Commercial property – investment
- Real estate (Band 4) – Commercial property – retail
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) (Band 4) – Brand management where Ian Down is recommended
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) (Band 3) – Media and entertainment where Laurence Gilmore, Philip Herbert, Chris Hutchings and Ian Down are all recommended
The directory also recognised the firm’s sector strength in media, real estate, retail and fashion and hotels and leisure.
The Legal 500 is the largest and most in-depth survey of the UK Legal market; analysing the practices of more than 1,000 law firms.
Nigel Mason, Hamlins’ Managing Partner said:
“We are delighted with this recognition of the firm’s growing strength and depth across all of our practice areas and are particularly pleased that our corporate and dispute resolution practices, two areas of focussed growth for the firm, have been featured which is a reflection of the excellent quality of work they have been undertaking.”
Hamlins LLP is an ambitious and growing Law firm based in central London. With 21 partners who are renowned for their expertise, the firm offers a truly client focused approach to providing legal services with particular expertise in the real estate, hotel, travel and leisure, media and entertainment and retail sectors. With a loyal client base including major brand names, growing SMEs and entrepreneurs, the firm has built a solid reputation that continues to flourish, nationally and internationally.